Yarn: Yarn Chef 100g
Tools: Clover Crochet Hook 1.5mm
Duration: 18/11/2008 – 03/12/2008
Ravelry Link
I have been the fans of Yarn Chef for quite some time and this time I got a skein of her 2-ply silk lace weight in lime green. When I received it, I was so amazed by the softness of the yarn and the subtle colour change of the bright lime colour. But then, wait, what can I do something wearable using this bright colour? I am sort of a dull girl and go for earth colours for my clothes...
Um, maybe I can try to crochet a shawl. A shawl is something that I would put on my body with bright colours, and if I do crochet, the large amount of holes. I hope it would balance out the oh-so-bright colours.
So here comes the results:
I think it comes out to be better than I expected. It perfectly fits my favourite sweater in teal colour, which is my current favourite. My friend said that I look slim in this photo, umm, I have to agree. I look approximately 20 pounds less. :)
The yarn was a little bit splitty at the early stage, and then when I continue and get hold of the yarn, it becomes much better and I can crochet like wind. The softness and smoothness of the yarn really gave me very good experience and I could not help myself in buying more. Oh My God. I now have many spun sugar from Yarn Chef and Silk Lace from Sundara, which I believe they are using the same base yarn. AND, I highly recommend Yarn Chef, because it’s such a good bargain for the spun sugar, and you should also look at her fingering weight series. The colours are REALLY nice!
No comments:
Post a Comment