Friday, May 22, 2009

New Potential Addiction

One of my best friends, Amy, was having her birthday in 18 May. And as a good friend of her, I decided to buy her a spinning kit that she might be interested. And, of course, in order to save shipping, I buy one for myself. :) A pretty good excuses for making a purchase right?

The spinning kit from Maine Woods Yarn & Fibre includes a maple wood top whorl spindle, 4.5 oz of fibre in three different colours and a small roving in white for practice. I have never come to this kind of stuff before, and spinning is obviously not a common thing in Hong Kong, I seek my help from the brilliant, lovely WWW.

I read a lot of youtube videos and tutorials online. Blogs are often the place where people share what they did, and of course I wouldn't miss the chance. After a day's work, I got these:

This single ply are very fine (in my opinion), and will be plied together using Navajo Plying.


Now, it's being wound into a ball and let the twist die before I start plying. And I go back to my knitting again. I am so excited on what it will become.

1 comment:

Amy said...

What's your progress dear?